Over the next few weeks, you will hear me talking on the show about a really valuable – and important – resource. It’s the American Red Cross and http://www.PrepareSoCal.org.
It’s been 20 years (can you believe it?) since the Northridge earthquake. At that time, we surely were all “on the case” to be prepared – as we saw up close what could happen if disaster were to strike – and we know that Southern California is very much at risk for earthquakes. As time has passed, that sense of urgency may have faded – but the danger is no less. The American Red Cross urges us to purchase or make an Emergency Preparedness Kit with at least 3 days worth of essential items needed by each family member– and, at PrepareSoCal.org you find everything you need to know to make a kit and to otherwise prepare yourself and your loved ones for an emergency.
So make a kit, and make a plan – go to http://www.PrepareSoCal.org. The real disaster is not being prepared.
- * REALLY GOOD HOMEMADE CHICKEN SOUP
- ** MATZO BALLS
- 01. GEFILTE FISH TERRINE WITH HORSERADISH-TOMATO MAYONNAISE
- 02. WOLFGANG PUCK’S HANDMADE GELFILTE FISH
- 03. TRI-COLORED MATZO BALLS
Tomato, Turmeric and Spinach
- 04. LISA’S FABULOUS BRISKET OF BEEF
for Rosh Hashana or Passover or another day
- 05. SEARED DUCK SALAD
With Port Wine Dressing
- 06. SPANISH CHICKEN WITH GREEN OLIVES, RAISINS AND ONIONS
- 07. LISA’S SWEET KUGEL
MATZOH* FOR PASSOVER – NOODLE** FOR OTHER TIMES
- 08. HAZELNUT MACAROONS
- 09. PASSOVER CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 10. ORANGE-ALMOND FLAN FOR PASSOVER
- 11. CHOCOLATE AND OLIVE OIL MOUSSE
from Spain: a Sephardic Dessert Recipe for Passover
- 12. LISA’S CHOCOLATE TOFFEE MATZOH
- 13. CHOCOLATE BLINTZES FOR PASSOVER WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE